Setting up Persistent Menu on Facebook
- Sales Channels
Persistent menu can be used to create quick entry points for customers interacting with the page, e.g. Start Shopping, Talk to Expert, Customer Service.
Under the Persistent menu, you can set up easily accessible menu options for the customers, simply by adding new menu options such as sharing Store Information, Product/Collection/bot flows or directly connecting to an agent without any hassle, etc.
Note: The added Menu options are enabled even for the web(store link).
Note: Some regions may not show the persistent menu because of FB Guidelines and restrictions.
1. To start creating your Persistent menu, go to Sales channels >> Facebook.
2. In Facebook & Messenger, click on the Persistent menu under Settings.
3. Here, on the left you will find a menu section where you can add/edit/manage your Persistent menu, on the right you can have a look at the menus which are created and saved.
4. Here you can manage how you want your customers to interact with the conversation simply by disabling and enabling the checkbox for Allow user input, if you enable the checkbox, your customers can use text composer to send messages in the conversations, if disabled they can only rely on buttons in the automated messages and Main menu(Persistent menu) for interacting the conversations/flows.
5. Below, you will find the menu section where you can add/edit/delete menu options for your customers. Click on Add new menu option to start adding your menu button. You will find a pop up beside the menu to add your details and action for the same.
Note: The maximum limit to add menu options is 20.
Note: The option powered by jumper.ai is static on the persistent menu which stays on top of other menu options, if you wish to remove it, kindly reach out to our support team for further instructions.
6. Now add a name for the menu button (e.g. Visit Store) and choose any one of the options from the below - Reply with message, Manage automation, Start a Live chat & Open a website. Then click on Add button to add the option to the menu.
A. Reply with message - Here, you can share Store Information, Product, Collection or Bot flow with the customer when they click the option.
To share a Product / Collection / Bot, simply click on any of the options, you will find a pop up where you can search and select the Product / Collection / Bot that you want to share with the customer on click of the added button.
B. Manage automation - Here, you will find Cancel transaction & Go back one step options.
Cancel transaction: With this option, a customer can cancel a transaction in the middle of the flow, as a result the ongoing order transaction will be canceled thus ending the flow.
Go back one step: With this option, a customer can get back to one step backwards in the flow of conversation. For e.g. if a customer has selected a quantity for an order mistakenly and wants to reselect the quantity again, with this option they can get back to the previous step for choosing the quantity for their order.
Note: Cancel Transaction & Go back one step doesn’t work on Bot builder and is only designed for default checkout journeys/flows.
C. Start a Live chat - In this option, you can allow a customer to get directly connected to Live chat or a particular agent, skipping the current flow of the conversation the customer will be connected to an agent on Live chat.
Ping live chat: The customer will get connected to any live chat agent.
Ping live chat (assign to agent): In this option you can assign a particular group or an agent to connect with the customers who choose this option in the menu.
To add a group or an agent simply click on the Ping live chat (assign to agent) option, then select the group from the dropdown, here you can either select a group or an agent from the list to connect with the customers.
D. Open a website - In this option, you can add a link to a website for the customers, which when clicked, will be redirected to the webpage.
In case you want to replace an added action for the menu option, click on the delete icon, then select the required action for the menu option.
7. After you have added all the details for the menu option, click on Save menu to publish the added menu options to the customers.
Unless you click on Save menu, even your added menu options will not be saved.
Note: When you Save or edit a menu option, it does not get reflected in real time for already interacting customers (usually it takes 1 to 2 minutes to reflect on Messenger and Web), unless they refresh the page or restart the Messenger App.
8. If you wish to disable the menu option for your customers, simply click on Disable menu, once disabled your customers won't be able to see menu option in the conversations.
To Enable the menu option again, simply add a new menu and click on Save menu, this will enable the menu for the customers again.