To change the preferred video codec
- Vonage Video API
- Video Codec
- Procedure for Vonage Video API Opentok Environment
- Procedure for Vonage Video API Unified Environment
- Additional Information
Procedure for Vonage Video API Opentok Environment
- Log in to your Vonage Video API Account as an Admin or Developer
- From the left menu, choose the desired Account.
- Select a Project for which you want to change the Video Codec.
- Scroll down to Project Settings.
- Click Edit in the General settings.
- Change the preferred codec for your API key from the drop-down menu and click on the Save button.
Procedure for Vonage Video API Unified Environment
- Log in to your Vonage API account dashboard.
- From the left menu, select Applications
- Select the application and click on Edit or click on Create a new application
- Scroll down to Capabilities
- Goto video Capabilities and click Show advanced features
- Change the preferred codec for you the drop-down menu
- After you've made your selection, click on Save Changes to apply your changes.
H.264 is not recommended for large sessions and may not be supported on older Android devices. For additional information about Video codecs, see our developer documentation below.