To obtain the credentials needed to access the Video API.
- Vonage Video API
- API Key
- API Secret
- Application ID
- Public/Private Keys
- Procedure for Vonage Video API Opentok Environment
- Procedure for Vonage Video API Unified Environment
- Additional Information
Procedure for Vonage Video API Opentok Environment
In the Opentok Environment, your API Key and API Secret are the credentials needed in order to access the Video API. Identify your Video API Key and API Secret by following the steps below:
- Log in to your Vonage Video Account Dashboard as an administrator.
- From the left menu, click Projects.
- Select the name of your project from the list.
- The Project API Key and Project Secret will be displayed near the top of the project page.
Procedure for Vonage Video API Unified Environment
In the Unified Environment, your Application ID (App ID) and Private Key are the credentials used to access the Video API. Both are generated when you create an application. Your Private Key is generated with a one-time download to your device and is not stored by Vonage. To find your App ID or generate a new Private Key, follow the steps below:
- Log in to your Vonage API Account.
- Click on Applications under the BUILD & MANAGE sub-section on the left-hand navigation panel.
- Select your Video-enabled application from the list and find your Application ID at the top of the page.
- Should you need to generate a new Private Key, select the Edit button
- Select Generate public and private key. This will trigger a one-time download of your Private Key.
- Note that Vonage will never store your Private Key.
See our developer documentation for additional information on creating and managing individual projects in your Vonage Video API account. In the Unified Environment Dashboard, see the Getting Started - Make a Video Call page for a walkthrough of creating a new Video Application.