How to Create a Redundant SIP-Forwarding Configuration
Creating a redundant SIP-forwarding configuration in my Vonage API account.
- Voice Calls
- SIP Forwarding
You can forward your inbound Vonage calls to as many SIP addresses as you would like.
- Log in to your Vonage API account dashboard.
- In the left menu, select Numbers to expand the section.
- Select Your Numbers.
- To the right of the desired number, select Edit (pencil icon).
- Under Voice > Forward To, select SIP.
- In the SIP URI field, specify the required addresses as a comma-separated list, with no spaces. For example, email@example.com,firstname.lastname@example.org and so on.
- Select Save.
If you set more than one endpoint in Forward to SIP, the call is initially forwarded to the first endpoint in the list. If this fails, the call is forwarded to the second endpoint in the list, and so on.
Vonage supports your DNS-SRV configuration, however, we are unable to load-balance your incoming voice calls for you.
Please sign in to leave a comment.