- Collections (with categories)
Assuming you've already added products to your store, a Collection plays an important role especially to automagically enable the add to cart conversational checkout.
1. To create a collection, navigate to Store > Collection. Now click on ‘Add collection’.
2. Here you will find fields to add details for your collection.
Now, to explain every field there is read below :
Collection name: This is the name of your collection, for example "Outfit of the Day".
Checkout trigger: This is the slug for the web checkout and trigger for the bot on your social media comments / instant messengers - what we mean by this is; if a user types, for example #ootd the checkout for this collection will begin!
Short description: You can add a short description that will give your customer a quick glance on this particular Collection on sale or you can skip this step.
Web store banner image: This is the banner image for your Jumper web checkout and to the website that comes for the collection.
Visible on store?: There may be some collections you want to keep private and only share links or even maybe sell offline via QR codes, toggle this off to hide it from the public facing website.
Do you want to ask customers their address?: Running an offline event or even a popup store? You don't really need their address as there's no need to deliver and is a pick up by the customer.. toggle this off and the conversational checkout will not ask the customer to fill in their address.
Do you want to enable click & collect for this collection?: Enabling click & collect for the collection will let customers collect from your added store location.
(Note: Make sure you have added collect location in Setting > Store locations before enabling click & collect. Know more about store locations here.)
Do you require email of the customer?: Similar to address, toggle this on and off depending on what kind of a sale you're running and how important the e-mail is for you.
3. Now you need to specify if your collection has categories or not. If your collection doesn’t have a category simply select the ‘No’ option, learn how to add products without category here.If your collection has categories select ‘Yes’ and click on ‘+Add new’ option.
4. Here, you need to upload the hero image for a category you define, give it a name and a description for understanding purpose. Name is mandatory for adding a category.
For example, Name: T-shirts, then click on Save.
5. Once you have saved, your added category will be shown under ‘Categories’, to add more categories simply click on +Add new category. To start adding products to your category, click on Add products.
6. Once you click on Add products, you will see a popup with a list of your added products (also sets if added).
Search for the products you wish to add for the collection in the search bar and click on ‘Add’.
7. Once you have added your products, click on ‘Save collection’.
8. You will find your saved collection under the ‘Manage collections’ page.