Onboarding an additional number with WhatsApp to use with the Vonage Messages and Dispatch API.WhatsApp Business Accounts (WABA) can store multiple WhatsApp numbers. The first tier is 25 numbers. If you require more than that, the Vonage team must submit a request to Meta to raise the limit to the next tier.
- Messages API
The steps required to add a new number to an existing WABA differs depending on whether the WABA was created via Embedded Sign Up or via Vonage’s Managed onboarding.
For Embedded Signup WABAs:
- Start the embedded signup process as documented here
- For Step 6, you must select the existing WABA that you want to add the new number to
- Finish the process as documented
For Vonage Managed WABAs:
- Complete Vonage’s Additional Number Application Form
- The Vonage team will receive your request, and complete all the necessary steps internally
- When the number is ready to go Live, the Vonage team will contact you to complete the verification call
You can add 2 numbers to a WABA initially. To add more numbers you need to:
- Have a Verified Business with Meta. You can learn how to check if your business is verified here
- Initiate during 7 days conversations per your messaging limits
- Maintain the messaging quality for the numbers