How to add Segments
How to add Segments
- Segments, Customers, Broadcast
Segments are basically filters which are used for Broadcast messages to target customers, who fall under the added conditions of the segment.
With saved segments, you can use it anytime for any of the broadcasts without the hassle of creating filters/conditions again and again for new broadcasts.
1. To get started, locate the Customers >> Segments in the menu.
2. On the Segments page, Click on Create new segment.
3. Now add a name for your segment, segments are by default named as Segment #1 which can be renamed.
Now select any of the conditions between ‘all following conditions’ or ‘any of the following conditions’.
All following conditions: Once you add multiple conditions, customers who falls under not one but all the following conditions will be targeted for your broadcast.
Any of the following conditions: Once you add multiple conditions, customers who fall under any one of the added conditions will be targeted for your broadcast.
Important Note: When you select ‘any of the following conditions’ for the broadcast, it also applies for the selected channel, for e.g. if you add a condition for particular timeline using date/time range and select any of the following conditions for broadcast, the condition will be applied to not one but all channels falling under the timeline, regardless of the selected channel (i.e. both conditions are true for this case “channel == facebook OR time == selected_time”). To broadcast only for a selected channel, select the option all following conditions and select the segment for your added channel on broadcast.
4. Now click on ‘+Conditions’ to add your conditions, you will find 4 types of conditions which can be applied for your broadcast message, i.e. Tags, Last Interaction, Personal details & Custom field.
Know more about how to add and manage conditions here.
One can add multiple conditions for the Broadcast without any limits, by simply clicking on +Condition to add new conditions.
To remove any of the added conditions, simply click on the ‘X’ icon.
5. Get Count
You can also get the count for the targeted customers who fall under your added filters and conditions, by clicking on the Get the count option.
In case you added a new condition click on Refresh the count to get updated count for the same.
Note: The refresh count on broadcast is not real time, generally it requires an hour for any new added customers, to reflect the data on broadcast end.
6. Once you have added your filters and conditions, click on Save, to save the following details for your created segment.
7. Once you have saved your segment, you will find it under the segments page, to edit any of the added segments, click on the Eye icon.
Note: If you edit a segment which has been already sent via any of the broadcast, the broadcast will be sent again to the targeted audience, including newly added customers who fall under your added filters/conditions for the selected segment.
Article is closed for comments.