- Android SDK
- iOS SDK
- Windows SDK
- macOS SDK
- Linux SDK
- React Native SDK
The recommended solution to this issue is:
- Use the SDK version where the fix is available:
- Android, iOS, Windows, macOS, or Linux SDK 2.26.1 or higher
- Android or iOS 2.25.4
- Android or iOS 2.24.3
For users who are hesitant to change to these versions of the SDKs, here is another option to avoid the issue:
- Contact the Video API Support Team to disable the automatic reconnection feature for native SDKs. The automatic reconnection lets clients attempt to automatically reconnect to a session they disconnect unexpectedly (for example, due to a drop in network connectivity). Disabling automatic reconnections pauses the feature so that clients will immediately disconnect rather than having to wait for a reconnect timeout. After this change, clients will need to reconnect to a session manually if they lose a connection due to the connectivity.
For suppressing unexpected stream received events please use the following workaround. Please note this workaround is not for preventing the disconnect event delay.
- Update application code to explicitly unpublish, wait for the stream destroyed event, and then disconnect from the session.
The issue was due to the native SDKs improper handling of websocket disconnections. An update to Vonage’s signaling server to properly handle atypical disconnections exposed an unhandled websocket reconnection condition in the Vonage Native SDKs, requiring customer action.
This issue is listed as "This version fixes an issue where it sometimes took longer than expected to disconnect from a session." on the release note below:
- iOS SDK release notes | Vonage Video API Developer - https://tokbox.com/developer/sdks/ios/release-notes.html#fixedIssues
- Android SDK release notes | Vonage Video API Developer - https://tokbox.com/developer/sdks/android/release-notes.html#fixedIssues
- Windows SDK release notes | Vonage Video API Developer - https://tokbox.com/developer/sdks/windows/release-notes.html#fixedIssues
- macOS SDK release notes | Vonage Video API Developer - https://tokbox.com/developer/sdks/mac/release-notes.html
- Linux SDK release notes | Vonage Video API Developer - https://tokbox.com/developer/sdks/linux/release-notes.html