Troubleshooting Issues with Vonage Video API
When using the Vonage Video API, you experience issues with connectivity, or audio or video quality.
- Vonage Video API
- Video Quality
- Audio Quality
Use the following steps to determine whether the problem is related to the network environment or the hardware.
- Ensure you are using the latest version of a WebRTC-capable browser. Review the list of known major supported browsers.
- Check that you have the right ports open. You can check this by running the Pre-call tool. This test should reveal whether there are any network issues connecting to the OpenTok servers. We also have a Connectivity Doctor app for mobile devices that is available for iOS on the App store and for Android devices on Google Play.
If something is blocked check the following:
- Are you connected to the internet?
- Web browser security settings may be too restrictive or blocking certain content.
- There may be a security restriction enforced on your network. For more information, see the developer documentation for Restricted Network Guidelines.
If the pre-call test didn't show any issues with network, but you weren't able to see the camera or microphone functioning properly:
- Confirm that you are allowing access to it when prompted by the browser. You may have blocked access and saved this preference. Check in your browser settings to confirm camera and microphone access.
- Test the camera on a different browser. For example, if you are using Firefox try Chrome instead.
- If you have multiple cameras, make sure the correct camera is selected.
- Does the camera work in the WebRTC demo?
- Does the camera work in Skype or Photo Booth?
If none of the troubleshooting steps resolve the issue, submit a support request.
Please sign in to leave a comment.