The new A2P 10DLC regulation is an on-going effort from the major US carriers to implement a better management of application-originated SMS & MMS messages.
Please note that this is not yet fully finalised, and therefore we are only able to list the dates officially set by those carriers (mainly AT&T and T-mobile).
|March 1, 2022||T-mobile Campaign/Migration Service Activation Fee||$50 campaign activation fee|
|March 1, 2022||AT&T Pass Through MT fees applied||
$.004 for unregistered SMS traffic (previously communicated $.04)
$.005 for unregistered MMS traffic
|March 1, 2022||T-Mobile Pass through MT/MO fees will be applied||
$0.004 for unregistered SMS traffic
$0.013 for unregistered MMS traffic
|October 1, 2021||T-Mobile/Sprint implementation of 10DLC fines||Non-Compliance Fines|
|June 1, 2022||T-Mobile Special Business Review (per campaign)
Number Pooling (>50 numbers in a campaign)
|$2000 per application|
T-Mobile Special Business Review (per brand)
|$5000 per application (currently waived)|
|Date TBD||T-Mobile charging a fine per incident (per message)||Vonage may block all unregistered traffic|
10DLC product changes
Update to 10DLC campaigns creation rules
For Standard Brands:
- Low Volume Mixed campaigns require no vetting
- Political campaigns may require a Political vetting
- All other campaigns require a standard vetting
For Sole Proprietor brands:
- Sole Proprietor campaigns require no vetting
- Political campaign require a political vetting (Federal level political vetting forbidden)
Update to the vetting importing endpoint:
- Removing vetting_class from the payload as it is not required by TCR anymore
- Renaming "vetting_request_id" by "vetting_id" for consistency
- Moving the "vetting_id" attribute from the URL to the body
Note: the vertical attribute will not be returned for existing campaigns anymore either.
Update to Campaign creation endpoint:
TCR is removing the "vertical" attribute from this endpoint.
No changes to existing campaigns
- You can start the process by registering your Brand on the Vonage API account dashboard.
- Review this guide to start creating your brand(s) and begin your journey towards 10DLC compliance