Connecting SMS to Jumper.ai
To connect your Jumper dashboard with an SMS account, you must have an existing Vonage API account ( i.e. https://dashboard.nexmo.com/applications).
- Once you are logged into your Vonage API Dashboard, you will find the API key & API Secret, copy the same.
- Now go to the Jumper.ai dashboard, then go to Sales channels >> SMS
- Here you can add a Mobile number(optional) bought under the Vonage API dashboard & set an Account name (alphanumeric ) according to your business requirements, now add the copied API key & API secret, then click Submit.
When setting up your account name, please ensure that your account name does not exceed 11 characters in length. You can add an alphanumeric format to your account name. Please avoid spaces or special characters while naming your account.
Note: Mobile number is an optional field that can be skipped.
- Once your SMS account is connected with Jumper.ai, you can find it under Sales channels >> SMS.
Note: To disconnect your SMS account with Jumper, click the Disconnect option.
- After connecting the SMS channel with Jumper.ai, you will have to set up Webhook URLs under Vonage API Dashboard, to enable the reception of SMS delivery status and inbound messages in a timely and efficient manner.
Step 1: Copy the webhook URL shown under your connected SMS account.
Step 2: Paste the webhook URL under API settings >> SMS setting.
- Go to Vonage API Dashboard >> API Settings >> SMS settings
- Set Webhook format as POST-JSON
- Now add the webhook URL under Delivery receipts (DLR) webhooks & Inbound SMS webhooks.
- Then click on Save changes.
Step 3 (optional): In case you want to send SMS from a specific number bought under the Vonage API dashboard, then you need to paste the webhook URL for your number, follow the below steps for the same:
Go to Vonage API Dashboard >> Numbers >> Your Numbers
Please choose the "edit" option corresponding to the desired number to which you would like to send outbound messages.
Now paste the webhook URL copied from your Jumper.ai dashboard under Inbound Webhook URL, then click on Save.
Note: The Webhook URLs enable the reception of SMS delivery status and inbound messages in a timely and efficient manner.