10DLC - FAQ - Brand verification issues
Brand verification fails
On the dashboard, your brand reads "Brand details could not be verified"
On the API, your brand identity status shows "unverified".
- Understand why the brand cannot be verified
The most common reasons are:
- Incorrect Tax ID provided - register the correct ID number for your entity
- Incorrect company name - make sure to use the legal name for your entity
- Incorrect company address - please check the address provided matches the official records
- For non-U.S. government entities - please register your brand as a non-profit entity
- Update your brand & proceed to re-verify the brand
Note that this operation is billed $4 each time
- Request an external vetting
If you are sure that your brand information is correct, and the verification still fails, you will need to proceed to an external vetting. More information
- Troubleshooting for sole proprietor brands
Sole proprietor brands require an OTP verification. More information
Other common mistakes
- Providing a DUNS number instead of an EIN for US-based companies
- Registering as a government entity while not being listed as an official government entity
Brand stuck in "pending"
After you registered a new brand, it's identity status will be set to "pending" until the basic verification can be completed. This verification is processed by a vetting provider. It usually takes around 10 seconds to complete the verification. However, we have been notified by the vetting provider that sometimes, the IRS service they use to confirm the tax information of the brand has issues. In those instances, the brand will remain in a "pending" status until the service is back online and the verification can continue. Please bear with us for a few hours. If you see your brand still stuck in pending after 48 hours, please reach out to our support team.
Sole proprietor brand OTP verification issues
If the OTP verification of your sole proprietor brand fails, please reach out to our support team.
Please sign in to leave a comment.