Within the 10DLC regulation, the maximum amount of numbers linked to a 10DLC Campaign is 49. However, some valid use-cases may require more numbers. T-Mobile has so far required customers to apply for a Special Business Request for number pooling to approve a higher amount of numbers on a campaign.
T-Mobile has recently allowed Vonage to review those requests in-house in order to remove friction and speed up the readiness of our customers.
Please note that there is an operational cost to a number pool request. More details on this soon
When creating a 10DLC Campaign, if you plan to link more than 49 numbers to the campaign, you must check in the "Number Pool" option. Additionally, you need to open a support ticket or reach out to your Account Manager, providing the following information:
- The company name (and 10DLC Brand name if different)
- The 10DLC Campaign ID for which you would like to enable the feature
- The expected monthly traffic on this specific campaign
- A description of the Opt-In mechanism for this campaign
- A sample of the messages that will be sent on this campaign
- Detail of why 49 numbers are not enough for your campaign
- The amount of numbers you would like to link to that campaign
Need to enable Number Pooling on multiple campaigns?
You can request for up to 10 different number pools (for 10 different campaigns) per ticket.
Make sure that the "Number Pool" option is checked for each of the campaigns.
The 10DLC Brand owning the campaign on which you wish to enable the feature must be vetted (standard vets, enhanced vets and political vets are all accepted).
The maximum amount of numbers anyone can link to a single 10DLC campaign is 5000.