Connecting Viber Business Messages to Jumper.ai
Viber Business Messages can only be sent by businesses that have been approved by Viber. This business profile will also have a green check to indicate that it is a legitimate business.
The advantage of Viber Business Messages is that the identifier of users on the platform is their mobile phone number. You can use Viber Business Messages with branded rich content and a Two Way account which enables both inbound and outbound messages. You can share important updates and notifications, promotional content with new offers and services, and provide customer support.
To know more about Viber Business Messages click here.
Before connecting your Viber account with Jumper.ai, you would require the following:
1. Vonage API dashboard account.
2. Vonage API KEY & API Secret.
3. Viber Business ID.
In order to get started with Viber Business Messages you will need to email email@example.com or refer to this link. Vonage is an official partner and will handle the application and creation of your Viber Business Messages account for you.
If successful, your account manager will provide you with a Viber Business Messages ID. This ID can only be used on Vonage.
Post getting the Viber Business Messages ID, log to the Vonage API dashboard & create an application to connect your Viber Business account with Jumper.ai & generate the App ID, App Name & Private Key which are required for connection.
Once logged in to your Vonage API dashboard, copy the API key & API secret. Ensure that you have the API key & secret readily accessible for future use when connecting your Viber business account to the Jumper.ai dashboard.
- Now go to External Accounts, verify your Viber business account is shown under Your connected social channels section, and copy the Viber business ID. Ensure that you have the Viber business ID readily accessible for future use when connecting to the Jumper.ai dashboard.
- Follow the below 5 steps to set up your application on the Vonage API dashboard.
a. On your Vonage API dashboard go to Applications >> Create a New Application.
b. Provide a name for your application as per your business requirements, e.g. “Vonage Viber Business”.
c. Click on Generate public & private key. Ensure that you have the private key file readily accessible for future use when connecting to the Jumper.ai dashboard.
d. Now enable the Messages option under the Capabilities section & add a sample URL for Inbound URL & Status URL, e.g. for Inbound URL add “http://example.com/inbound” & for Status URL add http://example.com/status. This URL will be replaced later with Jumper’s webhook URL’s post initiating connecting of your Viber Business within the Jumper.ai dashboard.
e. Click on Generate new application.
- Once your application is created, click on the Link social channels tab under your application.
- Here you will find your created Viber business account, displayed under the Link social channels tab, click on the Link button to connect your Viber business account with your created application.
Post connecting your Viber business account, the Status will be updated to Linked to this application.
- Once your application is created under the Vonage API dashboard & connected to your Viber business account, head over login to your Jumper.ai dashboard & follow the below procedure.
- On your Jumper.ai dashboard, go to Sales channels >> Viber.
- Now add all the copied details, i.e. API Key, API Secret, App ID, App Name, Private Key & Viber Business ID, then click on Connect.
- Now your Viber business account is connected with your Jumper.ai account & your Status will be displayed as All good.
After a successful connection, the Viber Business channel would be available to use under Bot Builder, Live Chat, Broadcast & Automated Responses.