Configuring Regional Media Zones for your Vonage Video API project.
- Regional Media Zones
- Vonage Video API
- Germany (DE)
- Japan (SIP & Broadcast services are not available in this region)
- South Korea (SIP & Broadcast services are not available in this region)
- Procedure for Vonage Video API Opentok Environment
- Procedure for Vonage Video API Unified Environment
- Additional Information
Procedure for Vonage Video API Opentok Environment
- Log in to your Vonage Video API account dashboard.
- From the left menu, select the Project for which you want to enable Regional Media Zones.
- Scroll down to Project Settings.
- Under Advance Settings, select which Regional Media Zone you want your sessions to go through.
- Select whether to enable or disable AES 256 Encryption.
- Click Save.
Procedure for Vonage Video API Unified Environment
- Log in to your Vonage API Account.
- Click on Applications under the Build & Manage sub-section on the left-hand navigation panel.
Click the options icon in the top-right corner of the video application that you want to configure and then select Edit.
- Under Capabilities, navigate to the Video product card and click on Show Advanced Features at the bottom of the card.
In Advanced Settings, expand the Server Environment dropdown and select the desired Regional Media Zone to configure.
Note: If you don't see the Regional Media Zone in the list, ensure that the desired add-on has been purchased for the account by checking the current Video Add-ons.
- Click the Save Changes button at the bottom right-hand corner of the Edit Application page.
Account administrators can easily configure their projects to enable Regional Media Zones for the US, EU, Germany, Australia, Japan*, and South Korea* via the Account Portal. This allows media and signaling traffic to be hosted in specific regional data centers."
*SIP & Broadcast services not available in these regions