How to enable Video calls within Live Chat
- Live Chat
- Video Call
The integration of Jumper.ai with the Vonage Video API enables teams to actively interact with customers, offering real-time guidance, opportunities for upselling and cross-selling, initiating orders on the customer's behalf, and seamlessly applying promotions to the customer's cart during one-on-one live video consultations. This proven approach enhances sales conversion rates and fosters stronger customer loyalty through highly personalized video consultations.
This document provides a step-by-step guide on seamlessly connecting the Vonage Video API with Jumper.ai and initiating one-on-one video consultations directly within a live chat interface.
- First, you need to sign up for Vonage Video API here. Enter the relevant details, then click on Redeem your $10 credit.
- Now add details like Industry, Job Title, and Development role, select the platform as Web, then click Next. You can skip this step if you do not wish to provide the details.
- Now you will receive a confirmation email on your registered email.
- Check your email & click on Verify your account option to validate your account.
Post validation, log in to your account.
- Now provide a name for your account (e.g. Brand XYZ), then click on the Name My Account button.
- Now select the Go to account option, then click on Create Project, or if you do not see the pop-up window, then directly click on Create Project
- Under Vonage Video API, click on the Create Custom Project button.
- Provide a name for your Project (e.g. Video Live Agent), select the preferred codec as VP8, and then click on Create.
- Here, you will get the API KEY & API SECRET for your Video API, copy the same.
- Now login to your Jumper.ai account & navigate to Sales channels >> Video in the menu, then add the API KEY & API SECRET & click on Submit.
- Once connected successfully, your Status will be displayed as All good.
- Now, under Live Chat’s Action panel, you will see the option for Start video call enabled for your customers. Click on the same to initiate a video call.
- Under the Share link with a message section, you can add your required message for your customer, then click on Send to chat. This will send the video call link to your customer.
- You will find a pop-up to initiate your video call, Before creating provide your name & click on the Join Now button.
- Once the customer has joined through the link, you both can communicate through video call.
- To check your Video call history, go to Sales channels >> Video, and click on 1:1 video consultation.
- Here, you will find the history of your past calls, Click on the bubble beside the customer name to jump into the chat history of the conversation.