Porting Your Numbers Away from Vonage API
Porting your numbers away from Vonage API to another carrier.
To port your numbers away from Vonage API, you need to contact the carrier that you would like to move the numbers to and follow their porting process. Note that portability rules vary from one country to another, and that some countries or carriers might not support porting.
Information that you will be usually asked to provide when submitting a porting request:
- Account Number - You can provide your Vonage API account number.
- Invoice or Proof of Ownership - You can take a screenshot of the Your Numbers section in your Vonage API account dashboard where the relevant phone number appears.
- Letter of Authorization (LOA) - This will be provided by your new carrier.
- Address - Use 23 Main St, Holmdel, NJ 07733.
- PIN - Vonage doesn't verify this, so any may be provided, such as 1234.
If for any reason your port-away request is rejected, contact firstname.lastname@example.org and let us know what numbers you are trying to port out and the reason provided to you by your new carrier for why the port was rejected.
We are protecting our customers from unwanted port-aways. If the information that you provide does not match our records, then the port request will be rejected.
Article is closed for comments.