How to set up Automated Responses with an in-house keyword engine.
- Automated Responses
The Vonage Conversational Commerce, powered by Jumper.ai, offers a tool called Automated Response that allows businesses to respond to customers automatically based on pre-configured keyword matches within the in-house keyword engine.
An automated response is a useful tool for businesses to manage buyer queries efficiently, provide guided product journeys and enhance customer service. They can set up automated responses that provide immediate assistance or address frequently asked questions by utilizing an in-house keyword engine.
Keyword matching involves programming the system to scan incoming messages for specific keywords or phrases and trigger a response.
With Automate Responses, one can enhance their customer experience by triggering particular responses (e.g. message or flow) while specific keywords & phrases are used in messages or comments.
You can add sentences or phrases describing how your users can use the keywords to trigger a bot, collection, or product flow, which can be enabled for only a selected number of products or bots which is an optional choice.
You can decide where & when the trigger can be used, e.g. on comments only or in private messages, & you can even choose the sales channels for your particular response.
- First Navigate to Automation>> Automated Responses in the menu.
- Here you can click on Create Custom option, to start creating your custom response.
- Now add your response name, & start adding your training phrases under Add training phrases section.
Type your phrases e.g. “Winter Sale” & click on enter to set your phrase.
You can use multiple training phrases for a single automated response, e.g. Winter Sale, Winter Sale, Winter Sale 2023, etc.
- Now under Trigger this Response in the section, you can select the sales channel option where you want to enable the response for your triggers.
Select the All option to enable your response for all your connected sale channels or choose any one channel from the dropdown.
Note: Message types for your responses are enabled according to your selected sales channel, choose your channel accordingly.
For Facebook & Instagram, you can specify where you want to enable the response, e.g. checking in the private message will trigger a response in the customer’s private message only.
If you check on the comment option, your response will also be triggered on the comment.
- Now, you need to describe what message you want to trigger as the response for the phrases entered by your customers,
In Private messages, you can add up to 3 trigger messages from any of the following types -
Text, Image, Video, Product flow, Collection flow, Bot flow, Card Message, Quick replies, Actions.
Note: Message types are enabled, depending on the selected channels.
For e.g Product, Collection & Bot message types are not available for WhatsApp channels.
The On comment option is only available for Facebook & Instagram, under the On comment section, you can type your message for the trigger response.
- Below you will find options, where you can select specific products, collections, or bots that would trigger the response if they are currently active or in progress.
In case you have selected Facebook/Instagram channel & have enabled on comment option, then you can select specific posts to trigger your response.
To add specific products, collections, or bots, simply click on the Select products or bots option.
Now select the products, collections, or bots you want to enable for the Automate responses & click on Add.
- You can also add Context for your trigger response, which won’t be visible to customers but will be visible to internal team members only.
- Once you have added all details for your automated response, Activate your automated responses & click on Save.
Note: Deactivating will disable your automated responses for your added training phrases.
- Once saved, simply click on the automated response to manage, edit or update.
This is an example of an automated response from a Facebook user.