Introduction to Recurring Notifications
- FB Messenger Notifications
Recurring Notifications is a newly launched Messenger Platform feature that provides businesses with an easy way to keep a user engaged over a period of time and nurture customer relationships to increase sales.
Example use cases:
- New product launches
- Back-in-stock reminders
- Sale alerts
- Event updates and reminders
Important Note: Businesses must obtain opt-in from people before sending the notification message.
While businesses can obtain opt-in in many ways, within Messenger, people will first see an opt-in message from the business that includes context on the topic of the messages and the period of time that the messages will be sent.
|Opt-in Example||N-Time Notification Example|
How does it look in conversations?
There are 3 options businesses can select for messaging frequency:
- Daily: allows businesses to send one message daily for 6 months before people are asked to opt-in again
- Weekly: allows businesses to send 1 message per week for 9 months before people are asked to opt-in again
- Monthly: allows businesses to send 1 message per month for 12 months before people are asked to opt-in again
At the end of the message period, people will see a re-opt-in request to continue receiving the messages.
To ensure the best user experience for people, businesses should send messages focused and relevant to the topic people opted-in to.
Recipients can mute the thread or report it if they feel the content is unwanted or irrelevant.