What recording capabilities does Vonage Video API offer? How do I calculate pricing?
- Video API
- Single MP4 file composed of all streams and it is ideal for instant playback
- Composition occurs while the session is in progress and composed file is available immediately after session is complete
- Layout of the composed archive can be customized, adjusting the visual arrangement of streams and which streams are displayed
- Composed archiving is used by the majority of our customers
- Composed archives can be encrypted to provide the highest level of security
Individual Stream Archives
- ZIP container file with multiple individual media files for each stream, and a JSON metadata file for video synchronization
- Stream containers are either of type .webm, or .mkv
- Intended for use with a post-processing tool, and is useful for companies with advanced cognitive services to tackle use-cases such as - Sentiment analysis, audio transcription and voice/object recognition
Pricing for recording is dependent upon the duration of the recorded content, and not on the number of participants.
- Individual stream archives - $0.0125 per minute of recorded content
- SD Composed archives - $0.025 per minute of recorded content
- HD composed archives - $0.035 per minute of recorded content
- FHD composed archives - $0.045 per minute of recorded content
Customers will be subject to the HD and FHD resolution pricing tier only when the Video API is set to the HD and Full HD resolution.
|Use Case||How to calculate usage?||Example|
|FHD, HD & composed archives||Number of composed archived minutes = duration of the session that was archived||Record a 15-minute session with 2 participants using composed archiving:
Composed archiving minutes billed will be 15 minutes
|Individual stream archives||Number of individual stream archived minutes = duration of the session that was archived||
Record a 15-minute session with 5 participants using individual stream archiving:
Individual stream archiving minutes billed will be 15 minutes