- Does the Vonage Video API work with IPv6 networks?
- Does IPv6 impact performance?
- Does the Vonage Video API need to be configured to use IPv6?
- Vonage Video API Platform
- Vonage Video API Client SDKs
- Vonage Video API Server SDKs
All Vonage Video API infrastructure runs on IPv4 address spaces at present. However, this should not prevent operation of client or server services that are running on IPv6 networks. In these networks, administrators should already have an IPv6->IPv4 gateway to allow routing between these networks.
For IPv6 only networks, a gateway for routing between IPv6 and IPv4 must be used.
For layered networks that use both IPv6 and IPv4 then IPv4 will be used.
It is possible that there will be some minimal increase in latency when routing between IPv6 and IPv4 networks but this should not impact usability and is not likely to be noticed in most video streaming scenarios.
There are no configuration requirements for the use of IPv6 networked devices.
For more information on Vonage Video API network requirements please see this article.