Introduction to Facebook Opt-ins
- Facebook Opt-ins
People are building relationships, and messaging with their favourite businesses, too. Businesses who can cultivate these ongoing relationships are more likely to drive not only new sales, but loyalty.
As businesses are required to obtain opt-in before sending proactive business-initiated messages to customers outside the 24-hour window.
With opt-in notifications, one can send a notification to their subscribed customers daily, weekly and monthly respective to their opt-in subscriptions.
These subscriptions will allow businesses to send proactive, automated messages, to people who have opted in to receiving them, that drive re-engagement and keep the conversation going, right on their Facebook Messenger.
One can create and manage opt-in notification messages of their customers at any time within their subscription period. You can send Opt-in notifications via Bot-builder, Live chat & Broadcast to your customers.
1. Let's get started to create your Opt-in notification, first Navigate to Sales channels >> Facebook in the menu.
2. Then click on Opt-in notifications.
3. Here, at the top you will find the option to create your new opt-in notification, click on the “+” icon to continue.
4. Here, you will find the options to setup your opt-in notification message by providing details like Card title, Card image & Frequency. ( Opt-in notifications are similar to Facebook’s carousel.)
Card title: Here, you can add the title for the opt-in notification message.
Card image: Here, you need to upload an image which you want to appear on your notification message.
Frequency: Lastly you need to set a Frequency for you opt-in notification by choosing an option between Daily, Weekly & Monthly.
Daily: When a customer is subscribed to a daily opt-in, you can send this customer a daily message on the topic for 6 months.
A single opt-in message can be sent per day to daily opted customers.
The subscription for Daily opt-in expires in a span of 6 months.
Weekly: When a customer is subscribed to a weekly opt-in, you can send this customer a message weekly on the topic for 9 months.
A single opt-in message can be sent per week to the opted customers.
The subscription for Weekly opt-in expires in a span of 9 months.
Monthly: When a customer is subscribed to a monthly opt-in, you can send this customer a message on the topic for 12 months.
A single opt-in message can be sent per month to an opted customer.
The subscription for Weekly opt-in expires in a span of 12 months.
Note: You can get all 3 opt-ins from customers, during different cycles in their journey. Eg. A customer could be opted in to both daily & monthly notifications or even all 3 at the same time & can receive multiple opt-in messages respectively of their subscriptions.
5. On the right, you can view a preview of your opt-in notification that your customers will receive.
6. Once you have added the details click on Save button at the top. To view the number of customers subscribed to your opt-in notification message, click on your saved message.
Below you will find a label, where the number of users subscribed for your opt-in notification can be viewed. This gets updated every hour.
To know more about Opt-ins, visit here.