Can you stop unwanted inbound messages from non-Vonage number ?
Our number (Vonage LVN) has received unwanted inbound messages from a non-Vonage number.
Can you please help us block the incoming messages from a particular number?
- SMS API
Unfortunately, we are not able to block the traffic from a specific number. You can use signatures with the SMS API when sending and receiving SMS messages. When sending, you generate a signature to send with your message. When receiving, the incoming webhook will include the signature and all the fields you need to generate the signature in your application to verify that the two signatures match.
You use a signature to:
- Verify that a request originates from a trusted source
- Ensure that the message has not tampered with en-route
- Defend against interception and later replay
This document covers how to use signatures with messages, both signing the messages you send and verifying that incoming messages have a correct signature:
- Send messages with signatures. Use the client libraries to generate and send the signed message.
- Verify signatures on incoming messages to ensure the authenticity of the message in the incoming webhook.
- Manually generate a signature if you cannot use the existing libraries, the manual process for signature generation is included here.
Apart from following our documentation, in order to enable this feature on your account, please contact our support team to enable this feature on your account.
Article is closed for comments.