Setting up a WhatsApp broadcast using Jumper.ai.
Broadcasts can be used for multiple use cases such as updating customers on their orders, reminding them for events, notifying account-related updates, or anything else you can think of.
It allows Merchants to broadcast non-promotional messages to Users on supported messaging channels while working within channel restrictions.
Not only all customers who have ever interacted can be targeted under your broadcast, WhatsApp allows you to even target customers who have not interacted with you on chat, you achieve this by using CSV method while creating your broadcast.
In WhatsApp broadcast, there are no charges for a broadcast to your customers who had interacted within 24 hours, but you will be charged for every broadcast sent to any customers who have passed 24 hours of interaction time. Check WhatsApp guidelines for more information.
Each messaging platform has policies on when you can reach out to a user and what kind of messages can you send, it is for you to ensure you adhere to these guidelines.
If you want to use Jumper broadcast, you must create a template via Jumper, if you have created a template via Facebook business manager, then Jumper won’t be able to leverage it.
To create any broadcast, there will be 4 settings that will be need to be configured in Broadcast:
- Messaging Channels: Where the Broadcast will be sent.
- Create Message: The message that will be broadcasted.
- Settings: Objective of Broadcast and who will be receiving the Broadcast
- Scheduling: Schedule your Broadcast to be sent right away or to be sent on a particular date & time.
1. Navigate to Automations > Broadcast in the menu.
2. Now set a name for your Broadcast and select WhatsApp in Messaging Channels.
In case you didn’t set a name, default names are added by default e.g. Broadcast #37.
3. Now under Create message, you can select any one of the templates from your added Whatsapp templates that you want to be broadcasted. Know how to set up WhatsApp Template Messages here.
4. Once you select a template, you find the selected template details below. Options in the selected template reflect on how you had initially made your template on approval.
5. If your template contains buttons you can check your button actions by simply clicking on the buttons, if you have added a custom field, you can add your text for the custom field below.
In case you had added a sample video or Image to your template at the time of submission, here you can add your actual video or Image of the sample.
6. On the right hand side of your screen, you can have an overview of the selected template on how it will appear on WhatsApp.
7. Now you need to set your Targeting conditions under Settings for your broadcast.
First you need to set any one of the methods between Filters, Segment or CSV for your targeting.
Note: Segment option is visible only if you have already added at least one segment under Customers >> Segments. Know about segments & how to add segments here.
Learn more about Segments, Filters, Conditions and CSV upload in the second part of this article.
8. Under the Scheduling section, you can specify when you want your broadcast to be sent, here you can choose between Send now or Send later options.
Send now: Will send the broadcast right away to the targeting customers.
Send later: You can schedule your broadcast to happen on your specified date and time.
9. Once you are done with creating and scheduling your broadcast, click on Save & send.
10. If your customer’s list is too large, it will take time to execute the broadcast throughout all your customers, you can always check your broadcast status under the STATUS column.
You can also download the targeted customer’s list for your created broadcasts under the TARGETED CUSTOMERS (CSV) column by clicking on Download CSV.
To edit any created broadcasts, simply click on the edit icon and make your changes, if you edit a broadcast which has been already sent, the broadcast will be sent again to the targeted audience, including newly added customers who fall under your added filters/conditions.
Segment(By selecting a segment)
If you choose option By selecting a segment, you need to select any one of the added segments from the dropdown list of segments.
Filters (By selecting filters from below)
In the method By selecting filters from below in Targeting, you need to add conditional filters to your broadcast for your targeted customers.
You can add multiple conditions and set requirements whether to send broadcast who falls under all the following conditions or just any of the added the conditions, i.e. ‘all following conditions’ or ‘any of the following conditions’.
Important Note: When you select ‘any of the following conditions’ for the broadcast it also applies for the selected channel, for e.g. if you add a condition for particular timeline and select any of the following conditions option for broadcast, the condition will be applied to all channels falling under the timeline regardless of the selected channel (i.e. both conditions are true for this case “channel == facebook OR time == selected_time”). To broadcast only for selected channels select the option all following conditions.
The condition for Interaction time is pre-added on this step, here you can specify a specific date and time for the interaction after which the customers have interacted, so the broadcast will be sent only to those customers.
You can remove this condition by simply clicking on the ‘X’ icon.
Here, you will find 4 types of conditions which can be applied for your broadcast message, i.e. Tags, Last Interaction, Personal details & Custom field.
Know more about how to add and manage conditions here.
One can add multiple conditions for the Broadcast without any limits, by simply clicking on +Condition to add new conditions.
To remove any of the added conditions, simply click on the ‘X’ icon.
CSV (By uploading CSV file with contacts)
WhatsApp allows you to even target customers who have not interacted with you on chat, you achieve this by using CSV file upload method for your broadcast.
In this method you can upload a CSV file with the following mandatory columns such as
Country Code, Mobile Number, First Name & Last Name for your added contacts.
You can also include additional columns that you may want to save or use for the broadcast. (e.g. gender, DOB, etc.)
You can always download the sample CSV file to know more about how to add columns for your CSV.
You can also get the count for the targeted customers who fall under your added filters and conditions, by clicking on the Get the count option.
In case you added a new condition click on Refresh the count to get updated count for the same.
Note: The refresh count on broadcast is not real time, generally it requires an hour for any new added customers, to reflect the data on broadcast end.