How do I submit my porting request for US or Canada numbers to Vonage API?
For porting up to 50 local numbers, you can use Vonage's self-service feature. Visit the Numbers section of Vonage API account dashboard, then click Port Your Number.
- Supported only for US and Canada numbers
- This process supports Voice and SMS ports only.
- This process does not support feature ports, that is, only bringing either voice or SMS capabilities to Vonage while still keeping your number with your existing provider. For feature port requests, contact firstname.lastname@example.org
- You will be directed to the Vonage Business website to complete your number transfer request
- Some numbers displayed on the Vonage Business website might not be supported by Vonage (e.g. Fax, Toll-free eFax and Toll-free Voice/Fax Machine)
- You should select Local Voice/Fax Machine in the "what type of number is this" and "what type of number will it be with Vonage."
- You will receive status updates about your porting request via email when the porting request is accepted when we have a Firm Order Confirmation Date and when the Port completes. If you have any questions about your order, contact us at email@example.com
- Ported Numbers are in-differentiable from other numbers in your customer dashboard. We are working to highlight Ported Numbers separately.
- When a ported number is released by you, it will be returned back to the parent carrier
Customers using the Vonage SMS API to send traffic from a +1 Country Code 10-Digit Long Code into US networks will need to register a brand and campaign in order to get approval for sending 10 DLC messages. For help registering your brands, you can view our brand registration guide.