Onboarding steps to begin using WhatsApp with the Vonage Messages and Dispatch API when onboarding via Vonage’s standard onboarding process. This page does NOT apply if you are using Embedded Sign Up
- Approve the Jewel Notification - Vonage will create your WhatsApp Business Account on your behalf, and you must approve the Jewel Notification in your Business Manager Settings, before we can complete the rest of the onboarding.
- Commerce Policy Review - Facebook will then confirm that your business complies with WhatsApp’s internal Commerce Policy. To be onboarded onto the WhatsApp API platform, your business must comply with this policy. If the WABA is rejected, you will be notified. We can appeal if required.
- Internal Provisioning - Before we can get your number live, we need to ensure that your Account is correctly provisioned internally, including any pricing or documentation.
- Number Activation - since using Vonage’s standard onboarding, the team will organise the OTP Verification with you to activate the number. Follow our Post-Go Live Guide to help with your configuration with Vonage’s Messages API in the Vonage Dashboard
- Start sending messages! If your business manager is unverified, there is a limit to your usage; see here for more information
- Facebook Business Verification - if/when required you can complete the Business Verification process. See here for more information on when Business Verification is required
- Display Name Review - Once Business Verification is approved, the display name review is triggered automatically, for all numbers within the WABA. All display names must comply with WhatsApp's naming guidelines.
- Once your business is verified and display name approved, you can scale your business initiated conversations following Facebook’s standard messaging limit tiers, you can add more than 2 phone numbers to the WABA and you can request Official Business Account (Green Label) status