What are approved A2P 10 DLC use cases in the United States?
- 10 DLC
- US Users
- Campaign Use Cases
Businesses in the United States should review their A2P 10 DLC use cases, as only specific use cases are permissible for A2P 10 DLC. As mandated by the carriers, the third-party 10 DLC campaign registry requires Vonage to declare a use case at the beginning of the campaign registration process on the user's behalf.
Low Volume mixed campaigns are available to all registered brands and does not require vetting.
Standard use cases are available for all qualified registered and vetted brands and do not require pre- or post-registration approval by carriers.
Special use cases are sensitive or critical in nature and may require pre- or post-registration approval by carriers. Requirements may vary according to each carrier.
United States 10 DLC Use Cases and Descriptions
- 2FA: Any authentication, verification, or one-time pass code.
- Account Notifications: Standard notifications for account holders, related to or being about an account.
- Customer Care: All customer interaction, including account management and customer support.
- Delivery Notifications: Information about the status of the delivery of a product or service.
- Fraud Alert Messaging: Messaging regarding potential fraudulent activity on an account.
- Higher Education: Campaigns created on behalf of Colleges or Universities. It also includes School Districts and education institutions that fall outside of any "free to the consumer" messaging model.
- Low Volume Mixed: Small throughput, any combination of use-cases. Examples include test or demo accounts.
- Marketing: Any communication with marketing or promotional content.
- Mixed: Any undeclared combination of use-cases.
- Polling and Voting: Requests for surveys and voting for non political arenas.
- Public Service Announcement: An informational message that is meant to raise the audience's awareness about an important issue.
- Security Alert: A notification that the security of a system, either software or hardware, has been compromised in some way and there is an action you need to take.
Use Cases Requiring Pre- or Post-Registration Approval
- Carrier Exemptions: Exemption by Carrier. Post-registration approval by Mobile Network Operators is required.
- Charity: Communications from a registered charity aimed at providing help and raising money for those in need. Includes 5013C Charity. Does not include religious organizations. Post-registration approval by Mobile Network Operators is required.
- Conversational Messaging: Peer-to-peer app-based group messaging with proxy or pooled numbers. Supporting personalized services and non-exposure of personal numbers for enterprise or A2P communications. Post-registration approval by Mobile Network Operators is required.
- Emergency: Notification services designed to support public safety or health during natural disasters, armed conflicts, pandemics, and other national or regional emergencies. Only Mobile Network Operators pre-approved Communications Service Providers are eligible for this use case.
- Sweepstakes: All sweepstakes messaging. Post-registration approval by Mobile Network Operators is required.
- Political: Part of an organized effort to influence decision making of specific groups. Most campaigns have to be verified with a political vet. Only pre-vetted brands are eligible for this use case. Register with Campaign Verify and select Import Vetting on the Brand Details page.
- Social: Communication within or between closed communities. For example, influencers' alerts. Only Mobile Network Operators pre-approved Communications Service Providers are eligible for this use case.
- Large Communications Service Providers Trial: Large Communications Service Providers Trial Offers with strict controls and Mobile Network Operators audit rights (MO opt-in). Only Mobile Network Operators pre-approved Communications Service Providers are eligible for this use case.