What are the opt-in requirements for WhatsApp?
What is required when implementing opt-in for WhatsApp?
The following must be implemented by businesses:
- Clearly state that a person is opting in to receive messages from the business over WhatsApp.
- Clearly state the business’ name that a person is opting in to receive messages from.
- Comply with applicable laws.
Facebook removed the following requirements for opt-in:
- Obtained on a third-party channel.
- Opt-in permission obtained in-line and contextually during the relevant user flows.
- A visual element (for example, a checkbox) next to the WhatsApp name and logo, with adjacent language stating the type of information that will be messaged.
- Providing the ability to edit which WhatsApp number is used for the opt-in.
For more information, see Facebook's WhatsApp Opt-In Guidelines.
Article is closed for comments.