How does Vonage API Support handle incidents that affect user experience?
- Status Updates
- Outage Notifications
- Incident Management
We understand how critical the Vonage API platform is for our users. We strive to ensure the highest possible stability and reliability. Despite the best efforts of the team, and our suppliers, incidents can still occasionally occur. In these cases our approach is to ensure:
- We’re quick, resolving the incident as quickly as possible.
- We are transparent, keeping users informed about any incident that impacts them as quickly as possible on our status page.
- We’re thoughtful, analyzing every incident carefully after resolution in a post-mortem, to understand:
- What caused the incident?
- How can we prevent similar incidents recurring?
- How might we improve our handling of future incidents? This analysis is used to drive future product development and process improvements.
For high impact incidents, our post-mortems are summarized and published. After the incident has been resolved, our timeline for communications will be the following:
- 2 business days after resolution: We publish an interim post-mortem, summarizing the initial impact, timeline and root cause(s) for the incident.
- 10 business days after resolution: Having conducted a thorough internal investigation, we’ll have identified all the root causes in detail, and built more robust plans for improvements. We will then provide any adjustments to the interim post-mortem, adding a summary of the actions taken or planned.
We also announce incidents beyond our control, caused by complete outages by carriers in a specific country. We believe that this transparency is in the best interest of our customers. We encourage customers to be cautious about comparing our incident history with others in the industry, who might either be unaware of such incidents affecting their customers, or who choose not to announce them.