What is Vonage Verify and what can it be used for?
- Verify API
Vonage Verify enables you to verify whether a phone number is valid, working, and whether your end user has access to it (hence it is likely they are the owner). Verifying phone numbers is a mission-critical process and is typically used for:
- Protection from SPAM - "Are you a real person ?" By verifying phone numbers you are in effect preventing spammers of mass-creating.
- Protection from Hacks - "Are you who you say you are ?" If you detect suspicious (password reset, logins in a new location) or significant (request for a service upgrade) activities, you can challenge whether the person initiating these is the genuine user whose number is linked to this account.
- Reach Users - "What is the best way to reach you ?" Ensure you have the right number on file so that you can get in touch with your customers when you need to.
Example of use cases:
- Password/Login reset
- Service upgrade
- Challenge following Suspicious activity
- Refresh user details
- Reactivate inactive users