How to enable Outbound Voice calls within Live Chat (BETA)
- Voice Calling
- Live Chat
Support your customers proactively by reaching out to them with Outbound Voice calls within Live Chat to enhance customer assistance, improve customer relations, and generate more sales opportunities
- First log in to your Vonage API dashboard, then navigate to Applications >> + Create a new application.
- Now provide the Name for your application (e.g. Vonage Voice Calling), and click on the Generate public & private key button to get the Private Key file. Ensure that you have the private key file readily accessible for future use when connecting to the Jumper.ai dashboard, then click on Generate new application.
- Now under the new application, copy the application ID to your clipboard(keep it handy), then click on the Link option under the Link numbers tab to connect the number to your application.
Once linked, you will find the status of your number as Linked to this application.
- Now under Jumper.ai Dashboard, navigate to Sales channels >> Voice, Here add the linked number to your application, then paste the copied Application ID & Private Key & click on Submit.
- Once connected, you will find the status of your connection as All good & your connected number will be displayed. Below you will find the Answer URL & Event URL, Copy both URLs as these URLs need to be entered in your Vonage application which is created on the Vonage API dashboard for initiating calls.
- Under the Vonage API dashboard, go to your created application (e.g. Vonage Voice Calling) & click on the Edit option.
- Now enable Voice under the Capabilities section & add the copied URLs from the Jumper.ai dashboard, i.e. Answer URL & Event URL, Once added click on Save changes.
- Now under Live chat >> Actions panel, you can connect with your customer via Voice calling.
In case the mobile number is not captured for channels like Messenger, you can check with your customer for the number before calling, or if a customer has requested to connect via an alternate number you can edit the same.
- To access your Voice Logs navigate to Logs >> Voice Logs under Vonage API dashboard.